Fantasy Camp Day 3 Wrap-Up
There have been some bumps and bruises along the way for some of the campers, but everyone remains in good spirits and have enjoyed their time through the three days here. Right now, everyone is inside the theater for the Coaches Bull Session. The session is a time where the campers get to ask all of the coaches questions that range from playing careers to what they are doing now when they get home. It’s a really intimate time.
While they are off doing their thing, some of the camp staff members are in the office taking a little time to enjoy a nice dinner cooked by Ray Dominguez and staff.
With five games down in camp and we will be watching the Scorpions take on The Young & The Restless in the Championship game. The consolation game match-ups will be Scared Hitless at The Love Letters and Family Matters at Dragon Slayers. Some highlights from today’s double header are:
- The Young and the Restless plated 8 runs in the first inning and sent 14 hitters to the plate.
- Ryan Hewitt (TY&TR) collected his 3rd three-hit game, going 3-for-4 with a triple and run scored.
- Andy Watson of the Scorpions came up a single shy of the cycle and collected 6 RBI. It was his second multi-RBI game of camp.
- John Birks pitched a 7.0-inning complete game, surrendering 3 runs/2 earned as the Dragon Slayers beat Family Matters. Out of a possible 33 batters faced, he threw 27 first pitch strikes (82%) and 67 total strikes (96 total).
- The Dragon Slayers’ David Anderton was 4-for-4 with a triple, home run, 5 RBI and 3 runs in the win over Scared Hitless. Seven of his 10 hits at camp have gone for extra bases.
- The Murray brothers from Family Matters were a combined 8-for-11 with a double, 2 triples, 7 RBI and 4 runs in the win over The Love Letters.
- Family Matters had 9 batters with multi-hit games, 5 of which had multi-RBI games.
- Joe Scahill (Family Matters) was 2-for-2 with a walk, RBI and a run in the first game of the doubleheader and went 3-for-4 with 2 RBI and 4 runs. He has hit safely in all 5 camp games.
Time to relax, take the anti-inflammatory’s and rest up!